Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering why my snowmachine wasnt getting any gas i checked the lines put a new fuel filter but im not sure how to check for compression it pulls fine like it has compression but it just wont suck gas ive put gas in the ciliders and it would fire up fine until the gas ran out then it would die and wouldnt go again unless i put more gas in the ciliders but yea if you could help that would be way cool thanx

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
You need a compression gauge to check compression. It threads into the spark plug hole in the cylinder head. You pull it over about 5 times and on the gauge it should maintain recommended pressure for a minute. By the way, Whats a snowmachine? JK, lol.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Also if it runs when you put gas in the cylinders, it's probably not a compression problem. Your right, your not getting gas. You said you already checked lines and filter? Fuel pump? Air leak somewhere? Could be any number of things.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I had a problem something like that a few years back. It was because the needle valve was stuck closed on the carburater and it would not let gas into the bowl. Just removed and cleaned it and it was ok.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Also check to make sure the fuel is turned on.
Rick

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
1. Check to make sure the fuel shut off valve is turned to the open position.

2. If that checks out, I'd say clean the carb's thouroughly.

3. If it still doesn't help, probably your fuel pump. Rebuild kits cost about $5-$10. I'm not sure how much a new one is, if you can get them anymore.

·
Premium Member
15,513 Posts
Is gas getting out of the tank and getting to the fuel pump ( strainer in tank could be clogged) look at the gas line going into the fuel filter.

Gas getting to the fuel pump?

Gas leaving the fuel pump?

All this can be checked by looking at the lines (clear lines)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts