Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine has a 1995 500 efi polaris and he slid into a tree and bent in his trailing arm, but the ski looks fine, and now when he takes it out he turn and it just keeps going straight just barely turning so whats wrong?

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
how does the steering assemblly look? You really really really shouldn't ride with a bent up trailing arm so before you even consider anything get a new one on that thing. THen see if it keeps going.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
exactly! my buddy bent a trailing arm, and by the time we got back in to get it fixed, it broke in 2. i would start at the steering shaft, then check the tie rods, and the eylets on each end. make sure they all move freely, i would remove the steering shafts to ensure they are free, and through process of elimination, check everything on the front of that sled that has anything to do with suspension or steering. your gonna have to tear it down anyways to replace the ifs trailing arm. it also may be possible that the sled when it hit the tree, stripped out the top of the steering spindle, cause it is splined, i would also check that

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
enough shock force to the tie rods will bend them they are made out of flimsy aluminum and bend WAY to easy.

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

1 - 4 of 4 Posts