Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where I can get information about Husky Wood Splitters, it's an LS35.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Do you mean a husqvarna? I have 2 chain saws, riding mower and a weed eater from them but I didn't know if they make splitters.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No the cover calls it a Husky LS35.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Isn't Husky a brand name of tools sold at Home Depot stores? Maybe see if it's the same thing.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is the same as the tools at Home Depot.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Husky LS35 Wood Splitter

I know that I am too late to help the original poster, but maybe this will help someone else. I have 2 Husky LS35 log splitters. (LS35 = Log Splitter 35 ton) They were made by Husqvarna. I do not know how old they are. I called Husqvarna Canada; they knew about the machine but didn't have any info on it, let alone any parts. The serial numbers on my units are: 375650 and 376828. Basically it is a 2 cycle chain saw motor bolted to a direct drive hydraulic pump that is connected to the end of a hydraulic cylinder. There are no hoses or belts. The cylinder rod is actually a tube. Fluid is pumped into the center and pushes the rod out. Inside the center is a large extension spring that retracts the rod when the throttle is released and the engine returns to idle. If the idle is too high, the rod will not retract. The frame is constructed of 2 pieces of rectangular steel tubes welded together side by side with closed ends. One tube is the gas reservoir, the other holds the hydraulic oil. After removing the legs, I can easily pick it up and load it into the rear of my Jeep Cherokee. The legs come off by removing one pin on each leg. Compared to today's splitters, these units are SLOW, but still better than swinging an axe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts