Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my Bravo 250 for the winter. My Bravo has worn out rivets on the body. What type of rivets are best for this? Also, I'm working on a short track body, in case my long track's body gets worst, I'll just switch over the motor, only problem is, there's a small rip on the track. I'm thinking of patching the rip. (my budget's pretty tight right now) Is this a good idea? any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Not sure on what type of rivets to use, or if patching a track is feasible. You might be able to pick up a used track in good condition though for a very reasonable price. It definately wouldn't cost you anything to look around.

·
Registered
553 Posts
If your looking for a rivit that really holds and heavy duty, then try the rivit that splits when you clamp them down. Its the same rivits that the auto glass guys use to hold door glass in on some of the older ford cars. You will need the large rivit gun that is about the same size as a track clip gun. They are ugly on the back side when your done. But if ya cant see the back side then these babies hold great. I have used them on my older indy trail. My belly was coming lose from the frame work and most of the old rivits pulled thru. These worked great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Track repair: I have used large flat head bolts, flat washers, lock nut and a rubber belting patch to keep a track going. Patch on the outside not to interfer with the idlers. Also may want to try some heavy duty zip ties to see if they will hold the tear together. You can keep an eye out for an enticer track as well. they are just a bit longer. You could drill new holes for the front skid frame arm and then relocate the rear arm plates. New tracks as well as an enticer track will require new front sprokets with 2.52 pitch.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, I have more ideas to get my Bravo 'winterized' I'll have some time this week. Once I'm done with the Bravo, I'll switch to the Phazer....then the Polaris.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts