Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i am really bored, since there is no snow. I have alot of time to spend on this site,so i was wondering if any one has stories and/or pics of the worst thing that has ever happened on or to their sled or watched? or anything at all...

·
Registered
639 Posts
I hit a haybale once.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Back in my drinking days, we had a real good winter in 2000/2001 at my cabin in Wisconsin. Rode every weekend from trail opener (I think it was the first or second weekend in Dec.) through the end of March. I crashed the same sled twice (my '96 Indy 500- God I loved that machine), both times probably would have been enough to total it, but I put her back together. I also crashed the wife's once, and had to beg the insurance compnay not to total it because she LOVED that sled.

The time I crashed the wifey's sled, I ended up stuck by the side of the road in a blizzard at about 3:00 AM, and I got a ride home from the county sherrif. I thought I was cooked for sure, but she didn't give me a ticket or anything. I did get a stern warning and a serious a$$ chewing, which I failed to heed, but that's another story....

The next morning, I had to have my brother drive up from the cities to help me load the sled, and 1 mile south of the exit on the freeway, he rolled his 2000 Silverado and totalled it.

Like I said in the beginning, this was back in my drinking days. It took a few more incidents, a few more years, and a lot more money for me to learn my lesson, and the lesson is this: Sometimes bad things happen now to prevent worse things from happening later. I only hope this story will keep at least one of you from having to do what I did, and learn the hard way.
Greg

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Drove a borrowed sled over a small berm and down into a shallow ditch, could walk faster than the seld was moving. Sled stopped at the bottom and I went head-over-heals thru the windshield and over the hood. Yes, the headlight was still on!
Another time, drove the sled up on the trailer and when I got off the sled, slipped and fell flat on my a$$. Broke my tailbone that time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i hit an electrical box in the ditch once didn't see it in time i tried to turn but my ski clipped it. nothing happened to the sled or me but i fell off but the electrical box was messed up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Originally posted by butcher_boy
[br]I tripped over my ski once while I was walking around the front of my sled.
like a couple days ago i did the same thing lol!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Once I stepped off my sled, up to my waist in snow... silly me...

·
Registered
855 Posts
Originally posted by butcher_boy
[br]I tripped over my ski once while I was walking around the front of my sled.
I hate when those *&*&&* things jump out in front of ya

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by fredly00
[br]Once I stepped off my sled, up to my waist in snow... silly me...
If thats the worst that happened to you, you should go gamble!

·
Registered
541 Posts
This sh%tbag weather is the worst thing happening to me right now!!!!!

1 - 20 of 67 Posts