Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last night I brought my car to a place in Conway, NH called Frechettes Tires and service. Well, I picked out a used set of tires ( that they sold there ), and had them mount and balance them. Today after I inspected my car, I realized they didnt put a hub cap on, and every single lug nut ( except one wheel, but we'll get to that ) was loose ( anywhere from 0 to 20 ft-lbs ). Well, I was just figuring they're aluminum rims and probably came loose on the drive home, no biggie. One wheel I let them know I had a bad stud ( its a 6 lug so not that big of a deal ). Well, now it has 2 bad studs and only has 4 lug nuts holding it on which means now I have to change out the studs. Im also missing a hub cap ( and if they're installed correctly, they are a PITA to get out ).

So where I'm at right now is the fact that 3 of my wheels were close to falling off, and the 4th wheel has a stripped stud. I'm also missing the center hub cap on one of the wheels that was ready to fall off. Should I call and make a complaint?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
well duh, i wouldnt be on here id be at that shop flipping the f*ck out!

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well it never hurts to call... but just remember, you get further with honey then you do with vineager.

Friday I went to the dealership to get my oil changed, long story short got home and looked at my front tire and it had a huge rub witch then lead to a punchure in the side wall of one of one tire. So I called the dealership and told them, manager said thats now way they could have done that. So Sat. came and one of my friends that is a manager at a a local garage walked up and said that was deffinately done by a lift for sure. Sinse the truck is still under warranty the dealership is the only one working on it. So Monday called, talked to a person that can make decisions and here we are today, both agreed that it was done some how but no proof that they did it nor I did it. End result they offered to pay for half of a new tire and not charge me to install it. I cant complain, take what they offer and go on with life. Yes your situation is different because someone could have been killed. The dealership could have told me to take a flying leap. I kept it cool, didnt raise my voice and didnt cus at anyone. Let them try and get your bussiness back. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
But what proof do I have? After them telling me 30 minutes to get it in there, and waiting almost 2 hours, I've realized they're a bunch of assholes that most likely wont fix anything.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
As long as it was all their doing, heck yes. I wouldn't even call. I would just go back and tell them just what you told us. They may be glad you did if they care at all about things.

·
Registered
654 Posts
my girl spent 1700 on rims and tires for her car they came counter balanced and now with 9000 miles on them the tires are shoot no good and the guy said he will not do nothing!!!!!!

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Is there anything you do that doesn't involve drama?

I'm starting to think you make this crap up just to have something to post.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I would go in their and shake there hands and say,"Oh my god, you guys suck ass at mounting tires but you're all a hell of a lot smarter than my dad and I". Maybe they'll slap a roof on for ol' pops while you're there[thumb]
You can't seem to get anything right in your life...that's ok. I always know no matter how crappy my day may be going, you did something totally retarded and begged to get flamed for it by posting it on here.

·
Registered
528 Posts
sledneck1978 said:
I would go in their and shake there hands and say,"Oh my god, you guys suck ass at mounting tires but you're all a hell of a lot smarter than my dad and I". Maybe they'll slap a roof on for ol' pops while you're there[thumb]
You can't seem to get anything right in your life...that's ok. I always know no matter how crappy my day may be going, you did something totally retarded and begged to get flamed for it by posting it on here.
[LOL]

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I have stuck up to other guys on the forum for you, but why would you even ask a dumb question like that. They were to provide you a service and they did it poorly. They have insurance to cover something like that, go make sure they fix it.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Easy way to win this one in court if they deny. Demand them to show proof that they completed a checklist that was signed and dated by there service consultant or manager. Without that you can win it easily. Im in a class learning business management(vehicle specific) and thats a big part of pre-delivery. They arent required by law to complete a checklist but will loose every time in court without it. If you want to take it that far anyway. But yea I would role up like I owned the place and raise hell.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Funny that this kind of happened to the shop I work at today. Guy came back with a wrecked rim that I had put snows on. But, we used the accu-torque and then I re torqued them by hand in the parking lot with a torque wrench before he picked it up., so no one was really at fault. But obviously you should complain, the guy with the truck wasn't pissed or anything but we got him a rim for free that I installed and we threw in a free oil spraying.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
BBB = the Better Business Bureau, a pretty much worthless organization if you don't know about them...

flatlander_summit said:
I have stuck up to other guys on the forum for you
I take it that you're finally seeing the light, and beginning to regret that stance?

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wrong topic.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts