Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at a zrt 600 for my son he had a jag 440 and i wounder if it would be a good fit

·
Registered
680 Posts
how old is he? how many miles does he have under his belt? would he be able to handle it? do you trust him on it? to go from a gutless fan cooled jag 440 to a 600 triple - wow. but then again i went from a 1996 jag 440 to a new 2000 zr 600, but i also had 5000plus miles behind me too. it is a big jump!!!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont want to buy a new sled every season so i want to get him something he can have for a while

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
The triple's take a pretty good arm to pull over, especially when they are cold.
They also have some very potent acceleration, that can take some real finesse to control.

My thought's are that it's really too much sled for a 13 yr old.

A good step up for him would be a ZR 500.
That will give him around twice the power as the Jag, and it's a twin which will be much easier for him to start.

The ZR 500 has plenty of power to keep up with bigger sled's while trail riding, and should be a good sled for him until he's 16-18.

Rick

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
If you do actually buy the 600. Have your son ride it around the house untill he gets to know the sled before hitting the trails.

Nothing wrong with a 500 as well. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
bam290 said:
he likes the zl 440
That's kind of good to hear, refreshing that a young guy does'nt want the most powerful thing available.
The ZL is a good trail oriented sled, and the liquid 440 is still quite a step up from the fanner.
The only real difference between the ZL, and the ZR is that the ZR has a more sport oriented suspension, with the rebuildable Shock's.

Rick

·
Registered
278 Posts
yeah i think the zrt would be to much of a jump form a 440 jag. those triples are fast sleds. a zl 440 is a good trail sled that is light and should have no problem keeping up with the other sleds in the trails

1 - 14 of 14 Posts