Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting a different engine in my Polaris 440, (like a 700 twin) Do you think it would be worth it or should It trade for another sled? I want more power.

Beer does a body good

·
Registered
589 Posts
It all depends on what you are looking for, and how much you want to spend. My buddy put a Bombadier 670 engine in a Polaris XC 400. We also replaced the entire front suspension with aluminum. We replaced the rear with a M-10. We had Jaws make pipes to fit the Bombadier to a Polaris body, and put a digitron racepack to keep track of temps. Everything on the extertiror looks stock (except for the suspensions). What a fun , fast sled that gets attention wherever you ride it. That was about 7 years ago, when the Pol-Bomb was born.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Unless you know someone who is an expert at that and can get a deal on an enigine, I would say that it would be better just to buy the new sled, but to each his own I guess.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
What year is your 440 Trent? Is it an xcr? If it is a 98' or newer you can easily drop a new xc twin in it. How much can you get an engine for?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Since it is just like an Indy 440 and not an xc or xcr, I don't think it would be as easy to install a 700 twin. I would maybe look for a new snowmobile instead, it is a lot less work. Sell those dang jet-skis and get a snowmobile!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what I did! But I am looking at a stand up jet ski in Northhome MN.
(I just cannot stay on dry land)

Eric: Did you like the pic. I sent to your e-mail?

Beer does a body good

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yeah, that pic was, well, different. Where was that from? Didn't Polaris start making the standup jet-skis? Get one of those. I think you need a new sled first though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry about the pic. man
Yeah I guess that stand up will rock, i want to try it out!
I also heard Polaris is going to make a different 4-wheeler something like a Honda sport trax.

Is that 440 really a dog? I have only driven it around the yard a little

Beer does a body good

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hey looser (trent)! what, you decide you need a bigger motor to keep up with me or what? jk...you're just never satisfied are you? and i can't believe you're still looking at that old stand-up in northome, just buy it already, its not like its that expensive.

Yee Haw!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is a 440 liquid; I guess I am use to my brothers 600 triple that I used part of last year.

Pooly: yeah if you ride your sled like you ride watercraft I will be playing catch-up all day. I will not get a chance to stop and have a shot to keep me warm.

Beer does a body good

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'd be too lazy to take on the project with my primary sled. don't mind taking on a project with one's I ride occaisionally. Just means down time and can't sled if you're working on it.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
155 Posts
and trent, riding a sled on the lake is just like riding a watercraft...if you're gonna head to buffalo, a straight line's the best way...right?? lol

Yee Haw!!!

Edited by - Pooly_31 on 06 Dec 2001 15:08:22

1 - 16 of 16 Posts