Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went and picked up my NY registration today for my new sled. Boy, I thought I was trying to purchase the whole state. They needed to see SIX forms of ID......... WOW!!!!!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
that sucks, but i can kind of see why. there are soo many people who ride there, especially in the tug hill/old forge area, it's insane. i'd imagine there's a lot of stupid stuff that goes on just like places where there's too many people driving cars. like false documents and stuff.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm just glad I had enough with me....

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
was that just for out of state-ers or for residents too? would also make sense if that's for non-residents.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went to Owego, NY and they only asked for a picture ID. With my paper work from PA and My picture ID I was on my way in 15. You must have hit a hard a--. Some of the tellers are that way I've been told. According to the state requirements it's six points and each ID has different points.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Holy crap!! Just my D/L and my sled papers. Oh yeah, and about $150 for outstanding parkin tickets![^]

·
Registered
197 Posts
The cost depends on wether or not you belong to a club that is a participant in NYSSA (New York State Snowmobile Association). With membership $45 per sled. Without $100 per sled.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Make sure you thank your "traitor" to the Nation Senator. She probably gave your registration to the Save-a-Tree Foundation.

[attachment=48561]

[xx(][xx(][xx(]

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by RXL95
[br]You joined a club to get the savings right.
Yes I did. Have been a member of Barnes Corners Sno-Pals for a few years now.

·
Premium Member
15,520 Posts
I am filling out my club membership application right now for my two sleds. If I don't its going to cost me 200$ to register 2 sleds. Right now it will cost me a total of 115$ to register 2 sleds with the club cost.

Debating on what I am going to do. My 97 ZRT registration is lost. The guy I bought it from gave it to me but I lost it. I think I have to hunt him down and let this become a mess.. oh brother

Maybe I will just register my 96 (wrecked) and put the sticker on my 97..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.