Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To make a long story short, my sled (01 viper) dropped me for a tree. 2 days, 3 people, and a new trail in the side of a hill later, its out and back home. When we finally had it onto our new trail, it started, but when I gave it gas it just spun, and then the belt decided to catch and just kind of taosted before we could get it more than a few feet. Upon opening the hood, the belt was really loose. That was 2 days ago, and it wasn't until today that I had a chance to start working on it. I pulled the belt and put a new one in, but its just as loose as the old one. I know the crank isn't bent, and the frame doesn't look bent at all, but something must be wrong and I can't figure out what it is. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
506 Posts
check to see if your motor mount's are cracked, see if your pipe fits properly, if it doesn't then the enigne has probably been jogged over via cracked motor mount or frame damage.

I saw a venture that got smashed recently, took the tree on the left side, and it didn't really look bent, except that the silencer was hit so hard that it was knocked back and impaled on the chain tensioner bolt.

moral of the storey? look real close for frame damage, make sure both sides are symmetrical, on a viper it should be.

sorry about the luck man, tree contact is never good

·
Registered
975 Posts
I'm with Junior about the motor mounts, and welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone else'll be on here with a few other ideas. Trees suck! [xx(]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, the tree was my luck. It was one of two that were the only ones on about a 120' strech of trail, and if wouldn't have hit the tree, it wouldv'e rolled about 350' down the rest of the hill and into a creek, in which case it wouldv'e had to be disassembled and packed out, no chance of riding out on that steep a hill. That was my initial fear after pulling my head up after flying off and watching my sled plunge over the side at a soon-to-be barrel rolling angle. Not too bad for my 4th time out this year on a new sled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts