Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dads going to an auction Thursday and they got a 2002 XC600SP with 600 miles rolled over. Needs a hood/windshield and they say $6000 total in repair costs??? Can't tell but 6G almost sounds like a tweeked bulkhead or something major.

And there's a Blue 2002 Edge-X 700 that hit something hard on the right side. Took off the entire right front suspension but damaged nothing else, I think. Needs trailing arm, ski, shock, radius arm, torsion bar. Also about $6000 in repair or so they say. I can't figure why so much for suspension parts?

Well I think the Edge-X is better but my dad doesn't know. So what ya'll think of either. What would be a good price to pay for the sleds at an auction?

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
there's also a 95 Polaris RXL that hit something dead on (tree??) Needs new bulkhead plastic and hood. Otherwise looks to be good condition.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here the pics
2002 EDGE-X 700

95 RXL

2002 XC600SP

·
Registered
155 Posts
i'd say that last one looks like its in the best shape. new hood, windshield and handlebars look like about it, although there could be other problems under the hood as well. i'd definatly check em over real good before thinking about buying any of them.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
ide buy that rxl cuz i have all the parts i need for it

My wife said its me or my sleds... Im sure gonna miss her

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just don't know where a $6000 estimate came from for the XC600. They both obviously ran but now are being sold as "doesn't start" Doesn't say much but I don't think anything engine, drivetrain, exhaust are damaged on either.

What's the best way to check for a twisted tunnel, besides looking. Can you measure it somehow. What would you pay for either?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Personaly i would get the 700 if its fixable. What you need to do is look at all the suspension mounting points. Check the area where the trailing arm bolts into the chassis, and also check the area where the RAD rods bolt to the chassis. If they say $6000 in repair costs im wondering if they are thinking it needs a new tunnel/chassis.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

Edited by - TriumphoverU on 12 Mar 2002 20:57:32

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how much for new shock, trailing arm, rad arms, torsion bar, steering arm? Can you find these parts used online or other places or would I need to get brand new parts.

What about a hood and windshield?

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
depends on who is saying that much in repairs remember insurance agencies (reason for most sleds being on auction) will say 6000 dollars in damages and in reality it would cost us 600 just try to find out who is saying those numbers

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know the 6G is wack but it must have something major if the insurance paid out instead of fixing. The 700 belly is probably scratched or dented from the impact, but for me not in need of replacement. There's a chunk of money in parts and more so in labor for the estimate.
So which sled whould you go for?

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
i would go for the 600 if straight, since it seems like getting the suspension setup could be a pain.

it doesn't take much to total a sled when labor is added. a guy i ride with bent a shaft in his rear suspension last year and got it totalled out because of that, a scraped hood, and the labor.

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Just a little fun fact about the 6 and 700, if the bulk head or tunnel are tweeked you can't buy one of the other. Yes that's right it's a one piece deal so maybe that's were there getting 6 grand from.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I'd purchase that edge x, take the engine out and drop it in my 440's chassis.

It pains me to see sleds like that.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
155 Posts
here's an idea, if they go cheap enough, buy the 600 and 700 and take the good parts off both of em and make your own.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
I have an auction block down the road from my house and ive seen sleds like that 600 go for 200 bucks and sleds like the rxl go for a dollar it all depends on whos there buying em

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I'd just get the EDGE X and buy parts for it. Other than that one side of the front end, from what I can see, nothing else is wrong. Wouldn't be too bad to fix, or expensive for that matter.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by xltrmk:

I dont think u said how much they r goin for?

[/quote]
it's an auction

There's no stopping Arctic Cat........ REALLY!!

'99 XC SP 500

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
do you have to have a dealers license to buy sleds at an aution??

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think that 600 ves & heat exchangers would fit in my Pro X chassis quite nicely.Too bad I'm saving my money for a motor rebuild for my 68 Dart, or I'd think about getting it.Looking at the three of them, the 600 looks most salvageable.

when all else has been done and said, you best look out for Mr.Oysterhead!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts