Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what size of sled do you need for the 14-15 year old division. i read something like it can be liquid of a fan cooled sled. they do not have to be stock. am i stupid or is a liquid of a fan cooled sled a missread or a typo, or is there a term like this i just dont know yet.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yo yeah if you wanna be competitive and a more reliable sled go for liquid fan cooled are a good machine but liquid is more reliable and quicker.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I could be wrong however i think you must be at least 16 years of age to run a liquad. However you can run jouniors at 14-15 on a fan 440!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I'd go with the liquid. Somewhat quieter than fans, seems more reliable at times too, or so I've heard.
-SEF

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Actually Godsmack guy you can race semi-pro 440 liquid and semi pro open.....the only thing he cant race is pro...u cant there unless your 16....when tucker won the x-games he was 15 but that was diffrent they let him race it....he had to race semi-pro on the wsa circuit till he was 16.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
if u r 14-15 u can have up to 500cc fan or liquid! So basicly yea a 440,unless u want to get a 500,but i wouldstick with the 440!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
he was an exception.. I think his dad had connections or somethin, or maybe im completly wrong go to www.wsaracing.com they have all the info there!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
now one little problem. what snowx class should i go into. and what sled should i get. and do they hold them localy around newyork,lancaster,by buffalo. because i obviously go to school and im preety sure i read they are hold on weekends so thats good.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
you can go to school and race all over....many people do it...Dustin Wahl hasent been in school for about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
My friend races in the Sport class in NWRA sanctioned races and 16-17 in WSA. He said people who were racing Pro NWRA were racing sport in WSA (those were Nationals, Regionals you could probably race Sport)so it depends what series you plan on racing. If you are only going to race I would try to get a 03 race sled (440)

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Next year i'm racing. Not sno-cross but terrain x. I would reccomend either the rev 440 or the polaris prox 440,if ur racing semi-pro. if ur racing open mod, go with the rev 800

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i was going to do terrain x but on www.wsaracing.com i clicked on terrain x and theres not much info on were the races are. and XCSP 700GUY im planing on going to saint marys high school next year. you only can take of 7 days without docter excuses so missing 2 weeks of school wouldn't work. and 98mxzx440 thanks, your the first one on this site that ever said the words go with an 800, most people say 600 and up is to big for a 13 year old to control.LOL although i am 5foot 10 inches and weigh 155 pounds(NOT FAT,ITS MUSCLE).LOL

1 - 20 of 41 Posts