Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need 1 or 2 front ski shock for a 89 JAG 440AFS Stock number 0630-098 Broke 1 but will buy 2
Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have a set from a 1991 Wildcat, and a 1990 Prowler. I think either will fit. how long are your shocks?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both of yours are different part numbers, but I will measure it today & post
Thank you

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
AFS shock's are inside the belly pan, and the suspension work along the same line's as an Indy car.
The Prowler use's an A-Arm suspension, with the shock's outside the belly pan.
So those are definetly different shock's.
The WildCat used both style suspension's, so there's a possibility there of interchangeability depending on the WildCat's front end.
Otherwise check on E-Bay Motor's/part's, I've seen AFS shock's on there all the time.
Rick

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
B.T.W
Junkrider is a pretty good guy to deal with, I bought the skid and hood off that Prowler he's got.
Rick

·
Registered
765 Posts
You are correct, the prowler does have an A-arm setup, but if I recall correctly it is possible to interchange the shocks.
The wildcat is the AFS setup, and the shocks are in the bellypan as you described.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK Here is the shock. It is 10-1/4" c/l end to end.
[attachment=56132]
Just looking for 1 or 2 that will work. I's not a mint sled by anymeans, so if anybody has anything that will work, let me know.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
765 Posts
I measured mine, they are 10 1/4 from center to center of the mounting holes. I can sell them as a pair, or seperate. but I think the springs on mine are a little stiffer then yours so it would probably ride better if you buy both that are the same. email me [email protected] if you want them.
thanks

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sent you an e-mail Junkrider.
Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts