Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, looking for 97-up spindles (to about 2000 or 2001 depending on sled).

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a set of spindles from a 96 and a 97 polaris for you if you want. $20 for a pair and I'll cover shipping. $30 for all four and I'll include shipping.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
If you are buying these because of a plastic ski upgrade just make sure the ones you get came off a sled that has the correct spindles. It needs to be a sled that came with plastic skis from the factory. I know the 98-00 XCs will work, but am unsure of others.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by daktruckie99
[br]If you are buying these because of a plastic ski upgrade just make sure the ones you get came off a sled that has the correct spindles. It needs to be a sled that came with plastic skis from the factory. I know the 98-00 XCs will work, but am unsure of others.
Not switching right now, but maybe in the future. So you are saying you need different spindles for plastic skis? I thought plastic skis even fit on the older sleds without issue?

·
Registered
3 Posts
FURF.

If he doesn't take both pairs of spindles, I am interested in a pair. I need a set for a '96 Indy Trail with steel ski's. Let me know.

FYI I can't PM.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Originally posted by eddiejr
[br]
[br]If you are buying these because of a plastic ski upgrade just make sure the ones you get came off a sled that has the correct spindles. It needs to be a sled that came with plastic skis from the factory. I know the 98-00 XCs will work, but am unsure of others.
Not switching right now, but maybe in the future. So you are saying you need different spindles for plastic skis? I thought plastic skis even fit on the older sleds without issue?
It will fit on the old spindle, however the ride height will be an inch lower. The plastic ski saddle is lower to the ground than the steel ski saddle.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[br]
Originally posted by eddiejr
[br]
It will fit on the old spindle, however the ride height will be an inch lower. The plastic ski saddle is lower to the ground than the steel ski saddle.
ok, now i am confused, i am upgrading the spindles but not skis just yet....although a lot of 97-up sleds seemed to come with the plastic. The polaris site indicates pretty much one spindle for 97 to about 2000 anyway.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
The sleds that came with plastic skis have longer spindles to accomodate the drop in saddle height. Two different length spindles, thats all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts