Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for a set of keihin carbs to fit my 99 xc 700 im told i might need some new ones so just in case i do im gunna start looking to see if anyone has a set for a great price i hope

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
How much you want to pay for them? I have a set, work great. On a running sled right now and still being used. I would sell them, for the right price. As i want to try a different set of carbs. PM me if your interested with an offer?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
there are some complete with cables on HCS for 75 bucks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodger said:
there are some complete with cables on HCS for 75 bucks
Well I wish I would have known I ordered a set off eBay should be here by Friday Monday at the latest I hope there good and not junk like my last ones...BTW how are those power packs

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dtmmil said:
Whats wrong with the carbs that are on your sled now?
they kept filling up my crank with gas changed the needle and same thing but where the pin goes through float and stuff it looks like someone mad the hole bigger for some odd reason the pin would just fall out and the float would move all over so its not like you can adjust it so i got a set off ebay for 110 bucks and put brand new jets right in it and they came in yesterday so far its running great with these carbs it seems to have a smoother idle sounds different/better i havnt started it since it sat over night but ill go out and find out soon

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Gotcha, the holes for the pins do get oblonged out, you can get the pins for a 2000? I think, they are larger and are knurled at one end, they fit tighter in the holes so they shouldn't move around so much, I would suggest doing it to the carbs you have now just so you don't have troubles in the future if they aren't already in there.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dtmmil said:
Gotcha, the holes for the pins do get oblonged out, you can get the pins for a 2000? I think, they are larger and are knurled at one end, they fit tighter in the holes so they shouldn't move around so much, I would suggest doing it to the carbs you have now just so you don't have troubles in the future if they aren't already in there.
yea on the old ones all the holes were egged shaped these new ones i got are nice round and tight

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Did the new ones come complete with the slides and all? And are they for a 99 xc700? Just checking, more than one sled runs the Keihins and the jetting will be a little different if it is for say a xc600.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes slides and choke cables i changes the jets put brand new 210s and 38s in they had 180s and 38s the guy had them around he wasnt sure that size sled they came off from but they were 40mm

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
210s? Kinda big isn't it? Are you running pipes? And you may find you may need to run one side larger than the other, they came factory with staggered jetting.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dtmmil said:
210s? Kinda big isn't it? Are you running pipes? And you may find you may need to run one side larger than the other, they came factory with staggered jetting.
well thanks for the heads up yes im running slp twins boost bottle reeds slp clutches..so your saying i might have to go up still when i took the jets out they were both 180

and just went to start it i think i can have my chokes set a little better it took about 6 pulls and sat there and idle great its starting on both cyl rather then one all the time when i had to hit the gas for the other side to fire im looking forward to next weekend ride already

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Not sure what jets you will need with the twins, 210s sounds a little big though, but I don't know for sure, and yes, your choke sounds a little off. Do you have a primer? Mine, one hit on the primer, full choke, and two pulls when its real cold, one if its above zero.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dtmmil said:
Not sure what jets you will need with the twins, 210s sounds a little big though, but I don't know for sure, and yes, your choke sounds a little off. Do you have a primer? Mine, one hit on the primer, full choke, and two pulls when its real cold, one if its above zero.
Yes it has a primer but with these other carbs there isn't a spit to put the lines on but it seems to run great and the 210 were in the sled when I got it and I called alp at that's what they told me to put in it

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I see. You have older carbs then most likely, I did the same thing, but I added a nipple to mine so I can use the primer. And from what I have heard SLP runs a little rich on their recommendations, but run it and see how it is, others here may be able to help with jetting.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
dtmmil said:
I see. You have older carbs then most likely, I did the same thing, but I added a nipple to mine so I can use the primer. And from what I have heard SLP runs a little rich on their recommendations, but run it and see how it is, others here may be able to help with jetting.
I'll give it a shot and see its running great if it does me well ill put a 136 on it next year

1 - 18 of 18 Posts