Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like it says i need to get a pipe for a 500 tripple centurion motor. i was told i can run the 580 xlt pipe with the centurion motor but i dont want to take a chance unless i hear its ok from the guys who have ran them. let me know what you got. im located in central wisconsin.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
580 pipe is WAY smaller, you can run a early 80's 600 pipe though, they are more closer to the right size, but I would try to get the right pipe for it.

·
Registered
328 Posts
if you run a 600/650 pipe you have to shorten it up were it hooks to the 3 to 1 manifold as its a bit longer...its what ive run into. I have a pipe if you want it. whats it worth to you?
and a lot of guys used to run the 600/650 pipes when they would put the big bore kit's in there sleds... i think it was the 600 kit or something like that im not quite sure.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
polaris650freak said:
if you run a 600/650 pipe you have to shorten it up were it hooks to the 3 to 1 manifold as its a bit longer...its what ive run into. I have a pipe if you want it. whats it worth to you?
and a lot of guys used to run the 600/650 pipes when they would put the big bore kit's in there sleds... i think it was the 600 kit or something like that im not quite sure.
i have a extra stock 650 pipe that came off my 88 650 that i would be willing to cut up and weld. either that or i have a 94 xlt 580 pipe. i dont mind trying something new. i never cut a pipe open and shortened it or anything but it would be a good exsperiance. where are you located at?

see i dont want to dump to much money into this sled. my g/f's father has this 89 indy 650 and he got a centurion 500 motor layin around so i put that in and i still have to run all the cables and lines to it yet but i want to line up and exhaust or i could try to use one of the pipes i got. im trying to get this sled going just for some local riding for the g/f n i. i already have my sled pretty much ready to go but i hate riding double and she wants her own sled lol.

·
Registered
328 Posts
i am located in janesville wi. right above the illinois border basically. i do have a cabin in necedah which im going up to her soon if thats any closer to you...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah neceedah is maybe 30 miles form me but i work out of mauston. im a carpet installer. neceedah would be beter for me. what you want for it?

·
Registered
328 Posts
what is it worth to you? im open to offers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts