Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a set of new powermadd hand guards for my sled, but they didnt come with the mounting brackets, wondering if anyone had a used set sitting around they want to get rid of.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well i had a misunderstanding with the seller of the handguards, so i am now back in the market for a complete set

used or new, doesn't matter, with or without mounts, i prefer yellow, but blue, black, white will also work, goin onto a blue sled so if you think it looks nice let me know, post a picture and a price please, not good at makin offers, shipping to 57053

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
found a guy with a set from rox speed fx, ill post up a couple pics when i get them installed

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have recently bought hand-guards also, and this is probably a noob thing and has probably been covered many times but when i tried to install them they keep hitting my throttle and brake. I was wondering what do you do to solve this? Thanks (sorry not meaning to jack a thread either).

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no problem, have never installed a pair myself but i have read a big mistake people make is putting the mount on wrong

mine should get here tomorow (knock on wood), ill get mine pictures up and see how they go on and let you know

one problem i am worried about running into is mounting the left side, because i have my homemade lefty mounted right there
201091517517703_31486.jpg

can i drill through my handgrip without ruining the heatin element, not sure where its located, or does it wrap all the way around

Attachments

·
Registered
784 Posts
Ya I think that will defiantly be a problem. Maybe you will only be able to use the lefty at like half throttle then because the mount will hit it.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well the way i have it all hooked up it actually hit WOT before being pulled all the way, but i only plan to use the left when hanging of the left side and i dont plan on hanging off the side at WOT

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
have a camera? post up a couple pics and ill see if i can help

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, I figured away to get them on. I moved the throttle and brake housings closer to the middle of the bar, then I figured that for the hand-guards to not hit the throttle when im on WOT I will just simply put the mount on backwards so its not hitting anything. The bolts were warped in the hand-guards pretty bad so i have to get new ones tomorrow. hopefully it all works out.[thumb]

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well congrats i hope mine goes on easy, i dont know which i want more my lefty or handgaurds

·
Registered
784 Posts
I would want the Lefty more. I'm sure you will be able to find a way to get them on there. It just might take some time and thinking.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ya thats what i am thinkin maybe i can get away doin what you did

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ya, thanks for mentioning that, i bet mine will hit, our 02 rmk actually hits the windshield far enough that it engages the brake, i was turning real sharp in the powder hangin of the right side and then the sled wouldnt go and i said s*** i am stuck, then i left the bars back a little and it took off, took me for ever to figure out what happened

·
Registered
784 Posts
haha sounded like a fun time. mine hits just enough that its going to be a b**ch getting it out of the garage. Maybe I'll do something like indyRXL did and make a garage door type thing where I can just drive it out.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
nothing wrong with a drive in drive out set-up, once winter comes we just leave ours outside all the time, unless they need working on, unless there is an ice storm coming then the ones we ride all the time get put in the shop, although we reorganized our shop and sheds and my grandpa got his cleaned out more so we might have neough room to get the four we have left in

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, I have been trying to get the dam things on for like two hours!! They are such a pain in the A$$ I want to throw them away!!! everything I have tried has not worked. I even tried making custom brackets but that didn't work either. The guy i bought them from said that they would work with ski-doo sleds because he had them on his rev. now I have to go out and find other F*CKING mounts for the dam thing.[:(!][:(!][:(!]

1 - 20 of 37 Posts