Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rolled my 02 rmk the other day, bent the handle bars, anyone have one? also whats the best way to get the grips/ hand warmers off the old bar havin trouble with them. appreciate the help

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I have a set of bars off a 98 xc 700, grips, throttle.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are the hand warmers part of the grips on my 02 rmk?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 03 RMK 800 that looks just like yours and i am putting a riser and new Fly minibend bars on so if you are interested in the stock bars let me know and maybe we can work a deal

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wont need any of those parts cause i ordered all new grips and warmers and hopefully will have them by Friday and i wont have a chance to put it all on until Monday and if everything goes as planned the warmers and grips should be still good. I will keep intouch with you and post pics when i get everything done.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by Vertical_Indy
[br]Are the hand warmers part of the grips on my 02 rmk?
Unless they changed things recently, no. I just removed the grips and warmers on two machines. I used a hairdryer to heat the grips. It takes a while. Figure out a way to set up the hairdryer to blow on the grip and find something else to do for 5 to 10 minutes. When the grip gets good and hot, grab the inside edge and pull it off. It may take a few tries, but be patient and don't get rammy. Once the grips are off, the warmer is a tape-like thing that is glued to the bar. It helps to heat that up to loosen the glue. Then take a knife or something with a somewhat sharp tip and peel the warmer off the bar. Just like skinning a deer. Be careful not to cut the warmer. If you cut the warming element, it is junk. Go slow. Good luck.

·
Registered
502 Posts
use a heat gun, but be very careful..they are like a hair dryer on some major steroids..stay far enough back because it will melt the grip!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright sweet, thanx 03rmksledx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts