Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this on trade for my other quad i was trying to trade for a sled, after no luck for sled trades, i figured id give this one a shot. Its a 2005 Polaris Predator. It is techincally a project right now because its in somewhat rough shape and needs some work to be rideable. It was ridden pretty hard by the previous owner, and unfortunately it shows. The rear subframe is tweaked, the front bumper is bent (currently not on quad), the rear axle bearings need replaced (this is why i consider it unrideable at the time), the chain rollers and possibly the chain need replaced as well. The clutch either needs replaced or a new clutch cable, because i cant seem to get it adjusted to the point it feels right. The silencer on the exhaust doesnt seem to fit right and in the process of whoever tried to make it fit right, they bent the midpipe. Enough on the bad, now for the good. The motor does run, and it runs pretty good. Its a pain to start sometimes, and im thinking that the jetting is probably off. Once it does start and is warmed up, it starts with ease until it sits for awhile again. It shifts through all the gears fine. THe previous owner told me he went through the motor and freshened it up 25 or so hrs ago, this is hearsay, but he was pretty honest about the rest of the quad , so i believe him. The motor is all stock as far as bore and internals go, but it has a Rath Racing Header, a K and N Filter in the air box, and also comes with a UNI Clamp On filter with pre filter and outerwears. (the quad was initially jetted for this setup in the summertime, I have the K and N with stock air box on it now and its not summer temps, so i'd imagine this is where the hard starting comes from)
It is a troy lee edition so it has the Polaris Podium X Rezzie shocks from the factory, all three shocks feel good and show no signs of leaking. It also has Houser +1 arms, quad has a clean title and is located in NW ohio , I'm looking to trade for a sled, not too picky, but im not going to trade for a 1980 jag 2000 or anything like that, this quads a little rough and needs some work , but it is a 2005 and it does run, so shoot me some offers and we'll go from there. Will sell for $1500 cash and firm on that. Or will consider cash plus sled offers

·
Registered
308 Posts
No thanks! The last time I traded with you I ended up in the hospital within the week!! haha

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sledneck777 said:
No thanks! The last time I traded with you I ended up in the hospital within the week!! haha
haha , that had nothing to do with trading with me just the fact that 172 hp may of been too much to handle maybe?

whatd you do with the old tcat by the way? i traded the pro x for a 6 foot wide proto toolbox half full of snap on tools

·
Registered
308 Posts
I sold the T cat wrecked as is for 1000 bucks lol. it wasn't the 172 horse, it was the 4 foot snow bank I hit at 120 mph that did me in! Check out my new one! Thats not a bad trade I suppose, how did you like the pro x?

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well a little has changed on the quad since initial post. I've got a set of rear axle bearings on the way, should be here and fixed tommorrow. Also have a edelbrock carb on the way, should be hear middle of the week next week, so that will be on the quad and dialed in by next weekend. At that point it should be rideable, and i may not want to get rid of it , but snows ont he way so im getting a couple weeks away from the desperate stage, so shoot me an offer

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear axle bearings are in , carb should be here saturday, gettin close to snow, someones gotta have something theyd trade

1 - 7 of 7 Posts