Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the x-tra lite is out and the x-tra 10 is going in along with the old track from my xc 700 thats down to about 3/4 inch lugs. Anyhow i figure that will add some drag but help ride. I been doinfg alot of reading here and have deceided to try this if you guys thing it will work. Change the primary spring from red/white (100-220)to red (120-250). stay with the 10al weights. Drop a tooth or two on the top gear or up on the bottom. Wondering about going from red(21-45) on driven to gold(24-49) ???? helex is listed as stationary and i think it is a 36 Its a p-90. I have a p-85 that i can put on it if it would help. What do you guys think about it??

thanks, medic 24

ps. man i hate southern ohio, we havent even had a flurry let alone snow. Makes testing and tuning tough.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I'm not sure as I never played with the 488's.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks but is my thery right? going from 100 to 125 on the primary willraise the engagement rpms? lowing the gear ratio (larger bottom gear) will make it quicker but lose top end. I just dont know what a changbing the driven to a gold will do. anythoughts anyone?

medic 24

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Sounds right to me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts