Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be home for xmas and if there is snow I'm sure my little cousin, like 8 or 9 years old is going to want to ride. I want to get him into sledding, he has a little 340 colt he tools around in at theh park by his house. But what is more fun than ridng a 2004 high performance sled by yourself? I know this sled gets me into trouble fast so I want to limit his speed to 20 or 30 mph. Any ideas?

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
How about screwing a small block of wood to the end of the flipper. That or a hose clamp around the handle bar, so it only goes so far. Going to be trial and error.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what I ws thinking. Zip tie a chunk of wood to the handlebar then try it out for myself before I let him take it out.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
How about taking him out to the sled, pointing at 30 on the speedo, and saying, "Don't go faster than that." I would think an 8 or 9 year old is smart enough to handle his own sled. Especially since he has some experience. I had my first full size machine at 8 or 9, but I am sure I rode one at least a few times before that. Granted, it was no X2, but still. Unless you think this kid has a total disregard for life, limb, and property, and you think he is going to jump on and hold it to the bar his first time.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I would be tempted to pin if not for a few seconds.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by JD
[br]How about taking him out to the sled, pointing at 30 on the speedo, and saying, "Don't go faster than that." I would think an 8 or 9 year old is smart enough to handle his own sled. Especially since he has some experience. I had my first full size machine at 8 or 9, but I am sure I rode one at least a few times before that. Granted, it was no X2, but still. Unless you think this kid has a total disregard for life, limb, and property, and you think he is going to jump on and hold it to the bar his first time.
Haha. 1970 model 340 colt to a 2004 Pro X2 600...Quite a jump up. X2 has enough torque to throw him right off the back which is why I don't want to give him much throttle to play with. I am just looking out for him. It's not like the 4wheeler where you put it in 3rd gear and say go ride your brains out because he didn't know how to shift and couldn't reach the shifter anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts