Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I broke my recoil rope a couple of weeks ago, went down to the Polaris shop and got new rope and two rope guide bushings. One goes in the top of the recoil and the other mounts over the brake caliper. All replaced all good right? I drained the gas from the lines and cleaned out the carbs with some carb spray. I got it all back together and pulled it over for awhile, then put new plugs in it. I will stumble a little and backfired a couple of times but won't start. I also noticed in the small amount of time I pulled on it the upper rope guide bushing was already wearing like the old one. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1997 XC 700
1,852 Posts
soak the rope in oil. Check everything you did back over. Look for air leaks. If it ran before it means it was something you did while you were working on it.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I replaced the plastic rope guide that mounts on the brake caliper with the 4" brass tube guide that was used on early wedge chassis sleds. looks like this, but much nicer condition: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-POLARIS-XC-600-RECOIL-ROPE-GUIDE-9503-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5addb9d38bQQitemZ390266999691QQptZSnowmobileQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
gordonchaine said:
soak the rope in oil.
Or use some grease on it. Mine started to do the same thing when I replaced the rope. Grease or oil will solve the problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts