Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not talkin EFI models here but for racing/power/freestyle is the XC 600 better than the ZR 600? why or why not???

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Just keep everything in one post man....I just answered you in your other post

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I know, I am biased, and inteneded just gave you a big reply in your other topic, but I would take the XC 600.

Intended said that the Artic Cats have the best handling? I don't believe this, even if they do have a-arms. Ok, so they may have just a bit of travel over Polaris, this isn't that big of a deal. I believe Polaris has the edge on handling. I know people may think I am crazy, but I believe Polaris has the edge on the rear suspention too, and believe me, it IS the edge with both the front and rear suspentions. Cat has been going downhill with their rear skid for the past couple of years and now Polaris seems to be taking the lead.

Lets talk about Power? Polaris makes thier own engines, therefore, they can sell thier snowmobiles cheaper. The engines are designed just 30 miles away from me. They have about a 6-8 HP lead over every other 600 in the same class. And for being so powerfull, it is very reliable. VERY.

Now, I admit, the Arctic Cats look great, they even win in the category, but, you can't sayt that an edge looks bad. THey look awesome too.

This is all i have to say for now. I live 30 miles from both the Polaris and Arctic Cat factories, and I have heard that more XC 600's are beating the ZR's. It is a big battle up here, since basically one side of the road I live on, everyon is Polaris (which is my side) and the other side, everyone rides a cat. Take what you find usefull here. Thanks!

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Why did you say the rear skid on the Cat's have been going downhill? Just curious because this year with the coupling block on the rear suspension, everyone has been raving about them, including every snowmobile magazine I have read. I do admit that up till this year that Polaris had the edge with the rear, but this year Cat evened the playing field once again. Did you have a personal experience with the Cat rear suspension that made you say that?

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
No, not that much experience, but I have bad things about the suspention in the last couple of years. And cat is all crazy about thier "tapered tunnel". It is all looks, no functionality to me.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
21 Posts
XC 600 has a stonger motor and is faster than the ZR600. so what...the ZR800 is faster than the XC800!!! as long as you're happy with the sled you own!!!

Al. (02ZR800EFI)

As long as you ride!!!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Hey pacman, you got my sled!

And ProPedder, as you can see here, everybody has a favorite, and nobody is going to give you a totally unbiased opinion about it. Go to the dealers, sit on the sleds, touch them, bounce on them, see if you can demo a couple different brands....it is all about how you feel on the sled that counts, not what fifty different people feel on a forum. Remember not to forget the Ski-Doo's in your quest for a race sled too, they are nice! Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts