Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 200 xc 700 with the xtra 10 suspension, I just got it last year, didn't ride it too much, but it rode real stiff. Is this a decent suspension, or should I look to upgrade, maybe to an xtra-12, or M-10 possibly? Is the A D Bovin quick coupling kit any good? Thanks!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
as far as i know xtra 10 is good, M10 is a good setup but i guess it kidna likes to buck u off sometiems jumpin er sumptin?? not sure on that one, but tehre are plenty of posts that explain M10 pretty good on the forum

When's Winter Coming Back?​

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
If it has the PPS shock I would look at either revalving it or looking for lighter springs. That is a great suspension if you have it tuned right.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
777 Posts
i have the same sled with a pps.it rode pretty good when set up for 90% of trail conditions.its those big bumps that that take you by surprize that tweek your back.,,,,,,, F.Track shock set with slighty more then zero preload.F.coupler set to high,rear coupler to rear most hole on low will soften it up,,,,,,,,,susp springs set to 2" sag..Most important rebuild the shocks.
i just installed a edge rear,rode it for 5-6 miles,no bumps thought,feels good...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Did the edge suspension bolt right in? Details please.

Go get a new sled for your spouse.....It will be a fair trade :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi, what exactly is the pps shock, mine says it has the fox position sensitive shock, is that it?

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Yes that is it. I found a little bit of info on it here:
http://www.off-road.com/snowmobile/project/pps/pps.html

I'll look for more and post if i find anything.

With the proper set-up your xtra-10 should satisfy you.

NO FOREST FAIRIES(SKIERs)
BURN GAS SLEDS KICK AZZ!

TRIPLE-THE ONLY CHOICE!!!!!
'00 Indy Triumph
'93 XLT 580
'78 Arctic Cat Jag 3000

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Xcspecial, I set up the suspension like you said, differences on mine were, RRSS set on high, rear coupler I moved to rear most hole, feels real nice now, loosened up front spring to little over zero preload. I can actually move it when I sit on it, couldn't really do it before, took it around the yard, but hard to tell with out pounding on it. Hopefully will go up in a week and a half. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
All this should be in your manual, but what helped me alot that filled in the gaps in the manuals desciption of my setup, is the Polaris setup videos, the link is below.

http://www.polarisindustries.com/product/sno/video/02Susp.asp

The Xtra-10 is a great slide truck, you should be able to get it just the way you want it with a little trial and error, or is that trail and error...[:)]
Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it is all in my manual, but it is not explained very well, or it could be just me! I have tried downloading the videos, haven't had any luck there either. Will try the video download again. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
I know, the manuals are written by the techs, and move very quickly.
But the videos are great, learned more in 15 minutes that reading for 2 hours.
Try to get them...if you can't I will download them and put them on my ftp site for you to get...let me know.
I think you need Quicktime to view them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi, for some reason, the plugin wasn't installed right, would just sit there, after messing with it for some time, I got it working, thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts