Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts on spicing up the '02 XC 800 SP. I bought a new sled to keep myself on the trail and out of the garage as much as possible, so I am looking for reliability also. I also want to keep the trails open, so noise emmissions are a concern as well. I am considering a nose cone radiator, SLP single pipe and canister, V-Force reeds, SLP HI-Flow intake, clutch work, and EGT gauges. Does anyone have any other proven suggestions. I would like to stay away from loud pipes, and engine retooling. I was very dissapointed by the XC 800, as it has trouble taking my triples.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
If your worried about noise the SLP set up is how do you put it not exactly quiet. I think your on the right track, the key is gonna probably be in the clutching. Make all of your other changes before you clutch it. I am sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
well first off in my opinion the v-force reeds are a waste of money on a trail sled, 250 bucks for 2 hp, a single pipe and an real good clutch kit, try an erlandson level two, they have 3 levels i forget what they call them but go just short of lake racer kit. i dont think you will need an etg. if you jet correctly like a touch on the fat side, you should never have any worries unless you plan to do a couple mile wide open pull with out ever pumping the handle. gearing might be an option,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts