Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was having a hard time starting my xc 700 so we took the chokes out and it looked to be they werent even the same and what not so we adjusted them a bit and let it sit over night so i started it with maybe 4 pulls this morning when it was warmed up i fliped the choke on isnt it suppose to kill my sled bc it wont do a thing im just trying to even see if there working any input possible on this

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
The Keihin carbs have a very weak choke circuit. My 98 XC 600 would only die if I used full choke and that took longer than Mikuni equipped sleds . It also was a pain when first starting the sled for the season or if you ran it out of fuel. Took a long time to get fuel to it to start. Some installed a primer to cure the problem.

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
99xcs came with a primer, how did you adjust the choke? Did you follow any instruction, or just start turning stuff?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine has a primer and we had a buddy do it for use it starts in about 4 pulls now i just went to start it and fouled a plug right there

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
You sync and adjust them while in the sled.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tnmemr said:
You sync and adjust them while in the sled.
uhm idk whats up with it it starts on one cyl almost everytime i have to hit the gas to get the other one to fire and every now and then i will randomly foul a plug there all cleaned and everything is there anything you could right up maybe right from the air screws to chokes everything that i need to do

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Not worth getting rid of it because your having trouble, what your are working on is pretty simple to do, you just need to know how. One thing at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts