Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a place where we can all run by ideas and common parts and fixes for these things!

im looking for a aftermarket can, anybody have a line on one?

also whats the largest lug that could go under the 98 xtra 10?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,957 Posts
A 1.75 will fit as long as it is notched with 9 tooth drivers and drop brackets,but no studs as it is a tight fit,my nephew has a MBRP can for sale,let me know if your interested and I can get you his contact information,it would be best to PM me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,109 Posts
I think we have a MBRP available for 98Xc's. And a full Hotseat system for that sled. Really nice shape.


Email: rgextreme1998 @ gmail. com

In Stillwater, MN.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
98700xc said:
A 1.75 will fit as long as it is notched with 9 tooth drivers and drop brackets,but no studs as it is a tight fit,my nephew has a MBRP can for sale,let me know if your interested and I can get you his contact information,it would be best to PM me.
got pm thx!


anyone here of those block or what ever they are to adjust ski hang profile?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,717 Posts
Are you having trouble with the ski tips not pointing up when you're in the air? The cause is likely worn rubber ski boots. You should be able to find a decent used pair on craigslist from anyone parting out sleds. Keep in mind that the boots are different for plastic and metal skis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah! i know the boots arnt worn though!? a friend of mine said he saw some guys n here talking about a guy in wisconsin that makes something to help correct this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
carazola said:
98700xc said:
A 1.75 will fit as long as it is notched with 9 tooth drivers and drop brackets,but no studs as it is a tight fit,my nephew has a MBRP can for sale,let me know if your interested and I can get you his contact information,it would be best to PM me.
got pm thx!


anyone here of those block or what ever they are to adjust ski hang profile?
It amazes me how often I see them put in backwards, take a good look at them, the higher side should be towards the front of the snowmobile.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^^^ positive that they are in forward facing
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Hello to all, am new to the site, as well as am new to riddin. I am looking at a 99 xc sp 700 with new primary clutch last season, piped, aftermarket gauges for exhaust gas temperature or RPM, and 3400 miles on it for my first sled. I was wondering if anyone had any input on that yr. and model? If they have good motors in them and anything else you would know about them? Had also heard that it was not good to get anything done to the exhaust for some reason; was wondering if there is any validity to that on not...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well............ not an expert on the 700, my old man has a 2000 thats been solid, as for the pipe and or exhaust always important to make sure to rejet with after market stuff, not sure if that one is variable or not, thinks so and not sure how that plays a roll with pipe or not
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
had the xc out around buddy yard a week ago, have the new straight line performance clutch kit in it, holy crap! thing frickn rips! engaugement is right at 5k, a little higher than expected but WOW! cant wait to see the trail performance with it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
^^^^^^^^ Exactly! ^^^^^^^^^^^
4200 was more than my 98 XC 6 needed. The BB 6, 7 & 8s are stump pullers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i know the weights are 64gram, as for prime spring, looks like a dark blue green, second, no idea, shop installed all parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
64 gram weights on an XC 6? Most won't pull 62s. Is this on a stock motor?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yeah, i believe thats what they said they where! they didnt give me any parts list, actually, they dont even make the parts for mine any more, had one last helix used for a dyno test, springs and weights, threw it together in 15 min and kicked me out the door. when i asked the owner for more info he said they would have to take it apart to see. i dont have the tools to do so, so ..... i dont know????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,208 Posts
I had an EPI red with 10-62s on mine.....It ran good....I am running the same set up on my 220 motor xc 700

What is the condition of your belt?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dodger said:
I had an EPI red with 10-62s on mine.....It ran good....I am running the same set up on my 220 motor xc 700

What is the condition of your belt?
brand new! if all parts are slp brand, will putting in a diff. brand spring mess with things at all?

will attempt to get more info from shop
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,108 Posts
carazola said:
yeah, i believe thats what they said they where! they didnt give me any parts list, actually, they dont even make the parts for mine any more, had one last helix used for a dyno test, springs and weights, threw it together in 15 min and kicked me out the door. when i asked the owner for more info he said they would have to take it apart to see. i dont have the tools to do so, so ..... i dont know????????
Where did you have the work done? They sound rude and need work on customer service.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top