Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother inlaw has a 700xcsp edge the thing is allways running to hot. It has updates done buy the dealer but still runs hot .

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I'd check out this website, it has alot of good info regarding the matter, it might also be that his cooling system needs to be "burped" to get the air bubbles out of it.
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/overheating.htm

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
What year is the sled and what rear skid does he have? What updates did they do?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it's a 02 700 xc sp with m10 ,1 1/4 track cooling bottle changed ,extra cooler at the rear ,long snow flap ,cooling system bleed

·
Registered
589 Posts
I experienced the same problem on both my wife's 2002 500 XC SP, and my 2002 800 XC SP on one night in St. Germain last year. We were coming back from a 250 mile day, and in low snow conditions. My wife's 500 started to run hot, and shut down from overheating. My 800's hot light popped on a few times, but off trail snow colled her down. After the 500 cooled down a little, we switched sleds, and the 500 was fine, while the 800 ran hot. We kep switching to get back the final 30 miles to camp. I have been told to try softer springs (she weighs 110 soaking wet), a larger snow flap, change TPS, Adjust timing, add a Polaris rear radiator, and/or a SLP nosecone radiator. Polaris should step up and take ownership of this problem.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
As far as my standards go St. Germain didn't have any rideable snow up there last year.Thats what Polaris will tell you,not to ride in poor snow conditions. I know a couple of people up there and they told me not to bother. I did find a place in the UP that was about the same drive time as St. Germain for me. I am in Milwaukee,WI. That place would be called Munising,MI. Unbelievable!! It snowed every day we were there both times we went.The snow up there is just about guaranteed as it is mostly lake effect snow from Lake Superior.
Oh,and RXLRIDER I took the time to map the distances and Munising is 15 miles farther from your area.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
The M10 sits higher and needs more snow to cool. Just make sure you dip off the trail every now and then and you should be fine.

·
Registered
589 Posts
ACEXLT - I already had the rooms in St. Germain paid for for that weekend. On Friday we got about 8" of new snow, so there were no problems getting out, but Saturday night coming home was the problem. Every day we rode in the UP, but trecked back and forth from St. Germain. We were boondocking with some friends up north of Watersmeet. Great riding, good deep snow, with people who know the area well. I agree Muinsing is a beautiful area to ride, just tuff to get fuel in last year:) I had stayed in Marquette for a week, and had some great riding. Big Bay, L'Anse, and Houghton were just some great day trips - some near 350 miles. I love the St. Germain area, but unless snow is great, I'll be in the UP from now on.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Is it still under warranty?

I'd do a little research on the "Lemon Law" and see if there is a way he can make that work to his advantage. I mean afterall thats what its there for is to protect us the consumers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think warranty ran out last winter , thanks for the help i hope it snows soon so we fix it or burn it down . i am tired of waiting for it to cool i want to ride

1 - 13 of 13 Posts