·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wuts the best option new or used

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
New is awfully expensive. You can probably try a few used ones for the price of one new one.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rubi said:
New is awfully expensive. You can probably try a few used ones for the price of one new one.
tough goin to even fined used ones i dont think there interchangeable either

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I just bought one from a guy in Cold Spring that had about 4 of them that would work for me. You might have a little more trouble finding one for a big block 600, but it shouldn't be too bad.

New one will be $295 plus shipping from Babbits. You can get used ones on ebay for $100. Guy in Rice has one on Craigslist for $150. I'd offer the guy in Rice $90 for his. He's pretty close, so you'd get it fast. He has a stator too after you find out the CDI isn't the problem.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
I have a 1998 xc 600 cdi for sale....105 shipped PM me if interested

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dodger said:
I have a 1998 xc 600 cdi for sale....105 shipped PM me if interested
man u have everything i need, how do we know that your is in working condition?

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
cause I don't sell junk....Lots of positive feedback here and on HCS. I test all the cdi's I buy prior to leaving feedback for the seller. This particular CDI I had on a 1998 Xc600 last winter for awhile. I replaced it with a RMK CDI.

Don't want it ....no biggy. I will sell it in January for 150.00

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
dodger said:
cause I don't sell junk....Lots of positive feedback here and on HCS. I test all the cdi's I buy prior to leaving feedback for the seller. This particular CDI I had on a 1998 Xc600 last winter for awhile. I replaced it with a RMK CDI.

how can one test the cdi, id like to know for sure mine is shot

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
carazola said:
dodger said:

Make sure your stator is good and then if it still don't run then most likely the CDI is bad.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98700xc said:
carazola said:
dodger said:

Make sure your stator is good and then if it still don't run then most likely the CDI is bad.
what is and how do you check the stator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts