Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Xc600 that runs great but when the sled sits and idles for even a short amount of time it really loads up.Also,on the trail my buddies behind complain about being stunk out by the thing.Not by a over active oil pump,but that the sled is just really rich.Does any one have any jetting specs that worked for them that made there XC alittle more crisp.
Also,does any one know the stock ignition timing curve (how much initial timeing,when and how much retard,ect...) for this sled?Any help on this would be great.
Thanks

·
Registered
363 Posts
here's a good way to tell if it is the right jetting, go out on the trials for some bit, bring an extra set of plugs with ya, once its warmed up, change the plugs, and run the sled for a couple of minutes, try for some straight, open area so you can really open her up. When ya are at a good speed, around 60 mph, hit the kill switch, and pull the sled over, pull the plugs, and see what color they are. if they are back, its rich, if its white, its lean, if its a coco color that looks alittle like choclate milk, you are in the right ball field. I would also look at the jets to see what size they are. What type of Carbs do you have on them? it is pretty easy to change jets, just rin the engine with the fuel shut off until it dies, then take a screw driver, and loosen the carb boot where it goes into he rubber reed adapters, flip the carb over, and loosed up the drain plug, then take a 6mm socket if it is a kehlien carb and the size is on the side, if it is a minuki carb, the jet size can been seen withought removing it, just take out the drain plug and observe. Have you done any work to it such as pipes, intake? That could have an effect, also what temperature and elivation do you ride at? that also has a big factor.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I have a 2000 600xc with keihin carbs. I dropped my jetting 2 sizes from stock and the sled ran very wel. Then I installed a Tempaflow and went back up one size to get closer to stock. Ran great all winter and into the spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts