Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Xcf 440 700xc motor swap, cooling issue

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  dodger 
#1 ·
[10pt]Hey, i am trying to swap a xc700 motor into a the fan cooled xcf 440,
i need some ideas. about how to set up rads,

-could i have two tunnel rad and two running board rads?

-could i mount the main coolant red into the front of the sled with a new vent?

-could i use a xcr rad in the tunnel?

-Has anyone done this swap? if so could you let me know what you did

-Or if anyone has some differnt ideas just let me know that would be very helpfull[:)][/10pt]

#2 ·
Hmm.. I dont know. I did this to a 97 polaris, but that was with fuji motors. All i did was put the running board coolers on it from a 90's polaris sled. You could get the coolers off a 98 rmk, its two seperate coolers in the rear of the tunnel, they do not stick out. You have to cut a hole into the tunnel to put them in. They would never be in the way of the track i know that. Are you going to use a bulkhead cooler? If it fits? It might not fit tho. Id suggest getting the coolers off a 98 rmk, or also some older triples had the same style coolers if i recall.

#3 ·
hey i got the bulk head cooler in, i just didnt want a huge mess of coolant hoses, so i bought a smaller drive axel sprocket and now i can fit a 1"1/2 track like nothing, i still have a 1/4" left. i was thinking about the running board rads, but now i have mounting to worry about

#4 ·
have you mounted the engine yet???? to use the xc 700 airbox you will need the 700 steering post. Its bent to go around the airbox. Also your steering rack may hit the waterpump housing while turning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.