Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1995 Xcr blew a connecting rod threw the block last year and i never got around to fixing it. I just pulled the motor out and looked evreything over and it Twisted the crank and put a hole in the P.t.o side piston. I have another block with a bad crank and a crank that came out of a 95 Xlt but my friend has A whole xlt motor that runs (so he says) for 250 so what should i do it cost 1100 for a brand new crank and 700 to rebuild it

thanks,
Ryan

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Buy his, increase the oiler a bit when you install it, and be happy.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
whats the specs on the xlt motor hes selling? is it the 579cc, or the 597cc. what year is it, whats been done to it? hows cmpression it it. IMO increasing the oiler is ok, but really dont solve the problem on those motors.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
remember to use his carbs, the 38's from your xcr will create a bog. XLTs used 34 mm. They say the xcr motor had a different port angle, then the xlts, and that 38's are to much for the 598

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My xcr right now has 44 mm carbs but its also bored so i dunno and i really dont no much about his motor all i no is that if it runs then i dont care ill pull it back out this summer and do all the stuff that needs to be done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts