Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all i have a 95 xcr 600 lost spart i changed the cdi box from my parts sled and still nothing. Is it possiable the stator quit and if so how hard are they to change. It was running great then would bog down and pic back up it did that a couple of times over a couple of days and then it just left me stranded. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
394 Posts
try unplugging your kill switch in the handlebars, if that doesnt work, plug the kill switch back in and unplug your key. Just something to try, your sure that compression is good?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
scaryfast said:
try unplugging your kill switch in the handlebars, if that doesnt work, plug the kill switch back in and unplug your key. Just something to try, your sure that compression is good?
I did already try both them ideas with no success and still nothing. I did a comp test it has 120 in the middle and 110 on both sides its been that way since mid last season and been running great. I changed the cdi box from a spare i have and still no spark. thanks for the idea

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Just a quick question. Did you leave all the cables for the key hanging and not touching anything? Because I had the same problem you did with my indy 650 and the key was the problem.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK found the problem had a bad coil swapped out with a spare and still not running on that cylender though so I had it ideling and sprayed some carb cleaned between the block and clutch and the rpms instantly picked up so I need to replace the crankcase seal. I already pulled the motor so I can hopefully get a seal tommorow and replace it how hard is it to do you have to split the case to do it right?

·
Registered
49 Posts
i`ve seen it done without splitting cases but u better know what ur doin, i would bet when you pull the clutch side seal the crank bearing is gone to, good luck.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Splitting the case is easy. Pick up some yamabond or something like that to reseal them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts