Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 xcr 600, cant get it it ti idle, cleaned carbs, no luck so I had some old xcr 440 cards around put them on idles great but no top end, and revs seem high, my question is kinda dumb I know but, do they use same carbs or are the air jets and things bigger in a 600 carb, they look identical to me and no numbers for part information, so is the 440 carbs to small and hence they kind of bog out after half throttle, or can I change jets from one to the other, the normal carbs I cant get to idle, cleaned them , all the ports seems open , chokes adjusted right .

·
Registered
12 Posts
The 440 carbs have different jetting than the 600.
When you say you cleaned the carbs did you remove the jets and make sure the offices are clean?
It sounds like a pilot jet issue.
The office size is very small.
I find that you can spray carb cleaner thru them but they are not clean. The office is still restricted. I have a set of very small number drills that I use to clean the jets.
I look for a much smaller drill than the office and lightly insert the drill and move it slowly back and forth a couple times then inspect the drill for signs of contaminants. When the jet is clean you should be able to look thru it into a light and the light shining thru the office should be clean and sharp around the edges.
Just make sure you use a smaller drill than the office or you will change the flow amount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts