Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
SLP triple pipes, slp billet heads if you can find some or Legend billets. Clutch it and jet it properly, hang on.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
What xcr 600 are we talking about? the sp trlpe/triple(agresive chassis) or just a regular xcr mono block single pipe(wedge chassis) this will make a big diffrence

·
Registered
99 Posts
well depends on how much you want to get into. Pipes r usually the first thing to put on but slp heads arent always the greatest. Theres a friend of mine in barrington michigan who builds drag sleds. Hes got mine right now and he does amazing work. He does all his own porting work and can usually get good parts at cost. It wont hurt to call and see what he can do. His name is Jim 1-231-734-3594.

·
Registered
463 Posts
i say get the motor runin good and reliably, and start with suspension mods first! do a pro-x or edge rear skid, 99-01 xc-10 front shocks and spindles. plastic skis ( slp has the original ultra_lites on sale for 50% off right now)! get that sucker ridin nice then make some horsepower! these mods i mentioned make a huge difference on the wedge chassis sleds!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
you would be amazed what a stock exhaust on a well rebuilt engine with clutching can do. i would put that up against any piped sled with a premade kit clutch kit for the pipes.

·
Registered
463 Posts
madcow said:
you would be amazed what a stock exhaust on a well rebuilt engine with clutching can do. i would put that up against any piped sled with a premade kit clutch kit for the pipes.
heck yeah just making sure the clutches are CLEAN and up to spec makes a HUGE difference!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts