Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello do you guys know how to get at the pulse line,the end that connects to the engine. hope i dont have to pull the engine out that would suck. thanks for any info

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
I'll be the first to ask a stupid question...whats the "pulse line"?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
KRSS144 said:
I'm gonna flame ya for this one....lol

The pulse line is the line that goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump, it is where the fuel pump gets it air to make it work, as the engine turns over it creates a vacuum pulse that pushes air through the line to actuate the diaphragm in the fuel pump which in turn pushes fuel to the carburetors, without that there would be no way to get fuel to the carbs, well unless you have a electric fuel pump....[beatup]

Now for the question at hand, to get to the pulse line on that XCR 700 you will just have to remove the carbs from the boots and the line will be coming off the bottom of the crank case, it will have a simple spring clamp holding it on.

·
Registered
916 Posts
BINGO

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
98700xc said:
KRSS144 said:
I'm gonna flame ya for this one....lol

The pulse line is the line that goes from the crankcase to the fuel pump, it is where the fuel pump gets it air to make it work, as the engine turns over it creates a vacuum pulse that pushes air through the line to actuate the diaphragm in the fuel pump which in turn pushes fuel to the carburetors, without that there would be no way to get fuel to the carbs, well unless you have a electric fuel pump....[beatup]

Now for the question at hand, to get to the pulse line on that XCR 700 you will just have to remove the carbs from the boots and the line will be coming off the bottom of the crank case, it will have a simple spring clamp holding it on.
lol [11doh]doh!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts