Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey boys, I got a 00 XCR 800. Just bought it used, only have about 500 miles on her so far this year. The sled is amazing except the bastard loads up in the mid range, honk on it and it takes a while to clear up and then goes. Sometimes the thing won't even clear itself. I am not really familiar with the carbs on these, but I know they have a mid range jet on them that might be the problem. I also thought maybe a vent line or something. Any help would be great!
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Check to make sure all your vent lines are connected to the barbs in the lower airbox half.

Look in the front of the carb, and check what size your pilot air jet is, it should be 1.0. Check your mixture screws, they should be at 1.25 turns out from a light seat, check your jet needle clip position, it should be in the 3rd slot. Are you in powder?

Lastly, get rid of the top airbox half; buy an '01-'03 top with the two inlets.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Yup what the kid said, and the powder question..
Did find if all the vent tubes are off , it noses off bout 5 grand and not spool up all the way.
Also check the Ves, cleaned yet? They should be be nice n smooth moving,not feel gummy and look for torn bellows.
Clutches clean and free moving? Thinking a lazy secondary. Front motor mount ok?

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
had a torn bellows. fixed and it runs great now.
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts