Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to this forum. I have a 2000 XCR 800 ive had a couple years but haven't got to ride much. It has HTG pipes, V2 reeds with new petals and HTG heads. engines stock other than that. Has 440 main jets and the stock needles with clips in the middle. It supposedly is clutched for the pipes but haven't had the clutches apart yet. Think it has an almond spring in the primary. It just doesn't seem as powerful as it should be. Motor is fresh maybe 200 miles.Good compression. 1.25 rip saw and 192 studboy power points. Just looking for somebody here with a good clutch setup in theirs to point me in the right direction on clutching and jetting. I ride high speed trails almost like and XC race [:D] and drag my friends alot and out on the lakes. Mostly trails and drags though. any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
11,279 Posts
No need to double post,thanks
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/118028/display.aspx

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
most trail guys like a 22-40 gearing.
i have done a couple to that and it really woke them up. stock gearing and clutching dont really kick in till about 70 mph.
what i have done for some of them is run the 22-40 gearing and then the hot seat 38xhelix and hot seat or polaris black secondary spring.
hot seat black primary spring and some of there weights to match a polaris 64 gram,

for the most part most guys are running 90% similar setups on there xcr's the big they are all running 22-40 gears, some are running aftermarket weights and others are running aftermarket clutch kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts