Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Intake mods, the silencer cones I modified:
[attachment=49702]
Which would you rather your sled breath through?
[attachment=49703]
Here you are looking into the bottom of one of the cylinders. You can see the material removed, and edges knifed, some junctions blended. Mostly making high things into low things. All this is by Madcow. I went in with a pencil die grinder and was able to remove casting flash deep up in the runners.
[attachment=49718]
Upper case on the PTO side showing some material removal, but more importantly the smoothing of sharp edges. The interior cylinder and case work were by Madcow. I just did some minor touch-up.
[attachment=49704]
Looking at the intake side
[attachment=49705]
This shows the lower cylinder in front of the intake. Here I put a nice smooth chamfer on the triangular window and smoothed the edges along the lower cylinder.
[attachment=49706]
Another showing another cylinder with the piston low in the cylinder.
[attachment=49707]
The heads. You can see how the surface of the heads have been turned down to account for the shims under the cylinders. The shims are 0.060" total thickness.
[attachment=49708]

Added Pix
Here is the upper airbox with the modified silencer cones in. It looks kind of drastic, but you can see the remains of two holes to the left, from which, I removed the plastic between them. I have been teased before because my hands are quite small, about the size of an average woman's, but the holes were still too small to stick my hand in there. So the hole must get bigger! Last year I was running the three holes with the gauze filter held on by a small "license plate bracket" aluminum surround I fab'ed up.
[attachment=50514]
Here is the airbox top with the aluminum plate that I just made. I haven't sealed the plate with RTV yet, because I am waiting on my quick disconnects to get here so I can move the fuel pump up onto this plate. Then I will seal it.

Of course it will have to come off after I have had the chance to do some WOT runs to look at temps and plug/piston wash. Once I have that dialed in, I need to get the ATAAC installed.

Oh....the joy of modding sleds...
[Bevis] [attachment=50515]

Attachments

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
youll have the only xcr with a gun rack!! atleast you can outrun the polar bears now!

I am eager to hear how the intake tubes work. I might be intersted in doing something like that myself. they look nice as well.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah. Gunrack too heavy. We don't get polar bears down this far.

It will be interesting to say the least to see how well it runs. Everything is together now except for the waterpump (still waiting on shaft), the center VES (still waiting on guillotine), the carbs (still waiting on needle jets), and coils (waiting on wires to come in). I received the rear pivot shaft for the suspension so I can put that together, and the handgrips.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
way to much time on your hands.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nahhh! You're just jealous!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
I wish I had that much time and patience to spend on one machine. heck even my own sled takes months to get anything done on. I feel like I am always rushing with customer sleds even when the future is getting to a slow spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts