Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI GUYS I HAVE A 2001 XCR 800 WITH SLP PIPES AND AIR BOX MODS. I HAVE AN ALMOND ROUND SPRING AND 64G WEIGHTS AND IM RUNNING AN R-12 WITH A BLUE SPRING I CANT SEEM TO GET THIS THING TO GO LIKE IT SHOULD AND SET UP SUGGESTIONS AND WHAT RPM SHOULD I RUN AND JETS.

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
The RPM is set by your pipes, and jetting is according to your pipes as well.

Contact SLP, they will give you a starting point.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

i have done what slp said to do and this thing still wont run. my brother has a stock xcr 800 that blows my doors in

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Are you running it in the summer? You need substantially smaller jets..

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Are you running it in the summer? You need substantially smaller jets..
no running it in the winter just starting to work on it to try and get it ready for the snow

·
Registered
9,987 Posts
Is everything else on your sled maintained? Chaincase and track properly adjusted, timing set correctly, clutches cleaned, etc??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Is everything else on your sled maintained? Chaincase and track properly adjusted, timing set correctly, clutches cleaned, etc??
yeah everything is good i have loosened the track and tried that i run 8200 rpms and it just feels flat have tried differnt cltches and still no change

·
Registered
334 Posts
The 64 gram weights are too heavy. Those pipes need to run at 8700 rpm, so you'll need something like 58 gram weights or maybe 60 gram weights to get there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have read that i need to advance the timing 2 degrees is there any truth to that. i am pulling the motor down and putting new pistons and rings in it with the light weight rist pins will i gain much if i shim the cyls and cut the head or just cut the head and leave cyls alone.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
slp recomends that you run there smaller helix and different springs, slp does not recomend advancing the timing,
some guys have had good luck with them, I fought with mine and slp for over 3 years,

slp is going to make you take it to a dealer and show reciept of tps settings, having there clutch kit and then they might give you your money back. I believe i got a bad can with my set. with the pipes stock into there can i had to run 56 gram wieghts to get the slp up to 8700 rpm, i removed there can and put individual silencers on there, then the sled with my motor work would pull 66 grams and a hot seat 38x up to 8600 rpm and went like a freight train, BUT, never got close to the gas milage of stock pipes and on the trail the stock pipes could pull a higher top end. on the ice the slps did make more power than stock and could make a couple more mph in the short runs.

run the sled on a jack stand and see what rpms its getting, then take the can off and see what it does, dont run it much as your jetting might change, but hit the throttle and see what rpms you can get to. if they really jump up then see if slp will trade you cans or look into yours.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
where did u find individual silencers i wish i could find some for it. i was running it on the grass today and i dropped it down to 58 grams and it pulled like a freight train didnt really have the room to check rpms

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
aaenperformance.com has them.

i did a bunch of radar testing, as i dropped wieght to gain rpm the sled got slower, felt a lot faster and snappier but it was down by many mph by the time i got the rpms up to 8700.
make sure your tach is calibrated as well,

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
depending on gauge 125-135 would be great.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
i said aaenperformance.com has them.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
storm80097 said:
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:

i have done what slp said to do and this thing still wont run. my brother has a stock xcr 800 that blows my doors in
I don't know about for the XCR's, but for many Polaris sleds, SLP's low elevation jetting specs are mega fat.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts