Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like to no all the specs on the 99 polaris xcr 800 like hp what its top ou at and such

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
HP is around 155. I buried the speedo on my 99 xcr 800. Even when you nail the throttle at 80mph it just takes off like a bat out of hell. Try not to get it stuck though cause its very heavy. Like 4 stroke heavy.

·
Registered
251 Posts
SPL claims around 171 hp with their pipes. Check it out.

http://www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&view=dyno&catalogID=3&catID=19&productID=192

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br] Try not to get it stuck though cause its very heavy. Like 4 stroke heavy.
I'm a big guy, stuffed my XCR700 this past weekend, couldn't unstick it myself in snow up to my waist.

And I'm 6'4" and weigh 250.

But it's fun as hell!

Bryan

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Im 6-7 and 290 ,and i have a 99 xcr 800 ,great sled ,alot of people dont like the aggressive chassis for some reason ,have no problem riding on trails or racing down a lake,and will scare the **** out of you if it run right

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Originally posted by stormrider62033
[br]alot of people dont like the aggressive chassis for some reason
Heavy, not great suspension. Alot of people like the motor, just not the chassis it's in.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
that sled rode just as good as new sleds in minor bumps. on groomed straight or curvy trails it cornered better than the newer lighter sleds. stayed flat in the corners. and kept the skis on the trails at high speeds or in bumps. some nice adjustable shocks all around with a light weight hood and this sled could compete with any thing new on the trail.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
I agree that the aggressive XCR handled great in the groomed trails once the suspension was properly setup. But you need a good track and a lot of studs otherwise the backend will get squirrly with even the smallest push of the throttle. The looks take a while to grow on ya but eventually youll like it. And its hard to beat the exhaust note of a Polaris triple triple.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
As far as how the sled handles, is there much difference in how the Aggressive chassis handles compared to the Gen II? My dad has an '01 XCR 800, and it handles great.

·
Registered
840 Posts
JD - yes, there's a different - I used to own the '99 (My buddy now owns that sled) and I have the '00 GEN II XCR8 - my sled rides more stabled and feels like it goes thru bumps a little more better than the '99. I agree with MonsterJ and Madcow. I dont think the '99 XCR is all that heavy as some say it is. Because of all of that power - it feels lighter than the Storm of old. WL.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by ibreakstuff
[br]
Originally posted by MonsterJay
[br] Try not to get it stuck though cause its very heavy. Like 4 stroke heavy.
I'm a big guy, stuffed my XCR700 this past weekend, couldn't unstick it myself in snow up to my waist.

And I'm 6'4" and weigh 250.

But it's fun as hell!

Bryan
Getting your 700 stuck could've just been driver error [;)] LOL serves you right for stealing all of "our" snow from MN!! LOL

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The '99 Aggressive uses the same chassis as the later XCR's. All you have to do is change the tub and hood, it'll fit right up.

·
Registered
840 Posts
TheKusKoKid: I dont know about the chassis itself are the same - I do know the '99 XCR and '00 and up, uses a different chaincase.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Originally posted by white lightning
[br]TheKusKoKid: I dont know about the chassis itself are the same - I do know the '99 XCR and '00 and up, uses a different chaincase.
And the Gen II's had the inboard-mounted trailing arms. I am not sure what that changes about the chassis, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts