Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my xcr this year for 1000 dollars 4000 miles good deal? i was wondering what mods i should do to it i have already done a few things like a windshield, seat, clear tank and little things. thanks billy check my website for pics, theres a link in my profile

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Nice deal for a grand.

First thing I'd do is take care of the little stuff that is cost effective but will increase pride of ownership and wow factor. Take the exhaust off and wire-brush it, repaint with hi-temp bar-be-que paint. The trailing arms and skis could use the treatment too. I am sure you live within 50 miles of a powdercoater. How much would that cost?
I know it is a hassle, but removing the components in the engine compartment, cleaning them, and then reassembling them while putting everything away nice and neat will really make your sled look sharp. A little Flitz goes a long way.
Just some things to do.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah i just baught some hiheat paint for the pipe but waiting til a warm day to paint it and the trailing arms i plannede to paint in the summer and get some c&a's for it thanks for the input

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cmon u guys gotta have some ideas

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
tripple pipes will give you huge hp gain if you dont have em already

·
Registered
690 Posts
look at the mods i have done to mine in my signature, it woke up my sled a lot, i can run right beside my brothers 800 in a straight line and in a flat area, why dont you put a white windshield on that, my sled runs awesome and i love the mods i put on but i am getting ready to sell mine and all the money i put into my sled just went down the drain because im not going to get any more out of it if it was stock or modded, if you do mod it put it mostly back to stock before you sell it and sell the mods seperately. Hope you have fun with it because i had lots of fun with mine.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thauht about trip pipes but my best friends dad said that you need to put extra oil points in the crankcase so if that is nessesary then ill just put a race can on it

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
it wasent extra oil points it was the oil ports needed to be made bigger due to the small oil ports on that motor the pipes are made by dynoport and added a lot of power to the sled and my dad also diddent want to sell them to him because it would be to much power for him seeing howits his 1st trail ride able sled

·
Registered
6,904 Posts
dg canister, clutch kit, 1 1/4 ripsaw and u will be ripping. i have everything but the clutch kit but ill get that in the summer. another thing to get is a white flare windshield i am planning on getting one for mine also.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by polaris91
[br]it wasent extra oil points it was the oil ports needed to be made bigger due to the small oil ports on that motor the pipes are made by dynoport and added a lot of power to the sled and my dad also diddent want to sell them to him because it would be to much power for him seeing howits his 1st trail ride able sled

my bad lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts