Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking on a 1995 polaris xcr or xlt 600 triple. Which would you buy. What are the differences between the two. what are positives and negatives. I don't really care which one is more reliable i just want the better performance.[:D]

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
check your post over in the general section. i think with my links you will be able to answear most of your own questions

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Originally posted by indyman423
[br]they wouldn't work.
Hmmmm...I just checked 'em and they both worked for me...then again, I'm just a dumb yank.

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
Id get the xcr, it has a little more HP then the xlt, and fox shocks "xlt might have them to"?? other wise their pretty close to the same..the xcr has a white hood..

·
Super Moderator
11,272 Posts
how much more $$$ u talking???

·
Registered
277 Posts
The only differance in the engine is the XCR has 38mm carbs and higher porting where the XLT has 34mm carbs. The differance is about 8 to 10 horsepower, roughly. If it is an XLT special in 95, it has the extra 12 suspension, which is great for trail riding but sucks on top end speed. I had a 93 XLT special with PSI pipes,144 studs and clutched right on the money that would spank XCR's. Its all in how the total package works. The main thing to check out is the overall condition and how it was maintained over the years. I's rather have a super clean, well maintained sled with more miles than and beat, never been care for low mileage sled.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good. I don't know what kind of shape there in. Both of the owners claim there sleds are in top condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts