Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 96 xcr mono jug for my sled. It needs replating but thats not a problem. What I am wondering is what little modifications I can have done with this jug to really put this 440 on steroids [:D] If any of you have had porting or milling done please tell me exactly what was done. I'm also looking for twin pipes, if any of you have a set laying around. I could buy a set of domes for it and then mess with those too, if it comes to that [:p] Thanks

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for a trial race sled stay with the single pipe, we do porting, on that small engine i would go with a blue print job, we like to do this for most trail sleds for two big reasons, one it gains a little top end power but cleans up the bottom and midrange beutifull, and keeps the engine mild enough for day to day riding. the other is that if some one looks down your plug whole after you whoop them, they wont see any port work done. the heads you could take down a little, but I like to keep them stock for trailability, you dont always know what you are getting for gas quality. I would gladly spend all your money for you, but, I would rather, just get a little and have a mean little 440 that we can set up once and be done instead of every time the air or conditions change you need to rejet and reclutch.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it is the fuji and it is nikasiled, no sleeves here and no oversized pistons either. There was a plating adhesion problem and some of it flaked off so the guy sold it to me for $10[:D] I got the hookup so I get my plating and labor done for free.

Madcow what company are you operating from? I really don't care if anyone knows that mines been messed with, I just wanna hear them say "damn I got beat by a 440!?!?!" (actually that happens now with it in stock form..hehe) I PM'd you with some price questions and that stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts