Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a xcr 440 sp with a 150 horse power check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2401038252&category=6736

·
Registered
105 Posts
150 hp out of a 700 with pipes and trail porting? I think he may be exagerating a little to get some bids, the chassis you use doesnt increase hp. But i could be wrong, it just seems about 15 high.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Still... ridin around on a 440, and then smokin a 600 or even a 700. That would be soo kick ass. I would laugh my bag off if I had that sled. It would be such a blast!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exacly the same thing i was thinkin sled head u took the words right out of my mouth have some guy pull up to you in a 650 or something and then totaly blow the doors off of him wiht your looks to be stock 440 lol lol lol

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
umm. Why do you still call it an XCR440SP when it isn't?

If anything, just remove all the size stickers, and let people fantasize about whats under the hood. But putting a 700 in and calling it a 440 is just downright wrong.

-Dean

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Trust me, you can get that kind of power out of a 700 twin fairly easy with pipes and porting.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't doubt you one bit but I am sure, if he has what he says, that this sled really is close to 150 HP.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Big deal, that isn't a 440. I could go buy a 2001 XC 800 SP, find a 2001 XC 500 SP hood, drop it on the 800 and say I have the fastest 500 around.

Hood decals mean nothing. If I had a 700 in my Pro X and it still said 600 on the side, does that make it a fast 600? No, it doesn't. Whoever is selling that thing is an idiot. JMHO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
150 HP Out Of That Is Being Very Generous, In My Opinion , With The Limited Amount Of Work Into It . I'll Admit I Saw About +- 152 HP , Dynoed , From My '98 XC 700 , +++ BUT +++!!! SLP Really Worked That Motor , Plus I Had $4000 + In Mods ( not just motor work though) To That Sled . NEVER ONCE !!! Beat In A Drag Though . That Sled Would Spank ThunderCats .

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Oh come on guys. Its funny... Oh well JMO... I would love to have that...

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Originally posted by SledHead
[br]Still... ridin around on a 440, and then smokin a 600 or even a 700. That would be soo kick ass. I would laugh my bag off if I had that sled. It would be such a blast!
I just had to say something.

I agree! I just got back from riding with MANY sleds in the UP of michigan and i beat several 600's and even one 700 on the lake with my 440. And it's a REAL 440! I'll explain more later, but I will post pics as soon as i get them ready.
My favorite was out-running a stock '01 SX-R 700 triple all the way across the lake. I even gave the new Viper a run for its money!...LOL OMG, i was laughing so hard! [:)]
I love my sled.

I'll get pics of our trip soon.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
i was suprized how good my sled did with a SXR (they arn't nearly as fast as an SRX). I was right next to him till we had to let off (shorter lake). I'd say we got up to about 60mph, and there wasn't much traction.

-Dean

·
Registered
546 Posts
I think sleepers are pretty cool but theres no way anyone will think its a stock 440 if its piped. If I had the money and time i'd do it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
then say I just did the pipes! lol that would add to the effect! [:0][:0][:0][:D]

·
Registered
506 Posts
OR just buy an 800, and spend $20 on the decals from the 440 slap that on the hood and problem solved.

one day at some backyard grass drags, I saw a 2000 phazer, I used to have one just like it, so was waiting to hear that engine again. he fires it up and the first thoughts thru my head are "that's not a fan, what the hell's going on" opened the hood and he had a 600 twin liquid in it.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah well you could tell if it was an 800 just by the body, this way everything different...

·
Registered
749 Posts
that would be nice have that 700 and piss off all of my friends with anything from 440's to 800's. Nothing pisses off someone more than when they get beat by a smaller sled or can't get away from one.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts