Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got one, and i was wondering if that had the xtra-10 in it. Also the throttle is hard to push. Is that normal with these or should i think of swaping out a throttle cable. Also the speedometer dosnt work, what usually goes wrong the key, or the whole cable? Thanks, James

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
what year is it? not sure if all the xcr sp's had extra 10. my buddies 96 600 xcr sp had extra 10. about the throttle, how hard is it? triples can feel kinda hard if you're not used to it. shouldn't be REALLY hard though. the first thing to check with the speedometer is the little key in the end of the driveshaft.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
clutch side.

here ya go, i took these pics for someone months ago. it may be slightly different but the same idea for yours. this is on my 01 800xcsp.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the key is on the clutch side below the secondary.you will see the cable down there.yes that sled came from the factory with the extra-10.like c89trail said,the throttle is a little stiffer than twins but not crazy stiff.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Speedo side below your driven clutch is your drive adapter for the speedo key. When I replaced mine I pulled my driven clutch off for easy access. Take the three nuts off the drive adapter and pull it off. I'll bet half of your speedo key is still in your driveshaft.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Usally when the speedo stops working that's a good indication that the Bearing in there is shot as well. I think thats what causes the key to shear off. This is just what I have heard, happened to my buddies 01 ZRT. Speedo stopped working and about 200 miles after that the bearing went out of it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yeah I have heard of the same thing ^^^^ if you just got the sled it would be smart to walk thru everything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts