Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 99 XCR 700 with HTG pipes uni pod filters, 460 mains doesnt want to rev past 7,000 RPM on a stand, cyls have 125 127 and 124 psi the track isnt too tight. i'm thinking the primary may need some attention? What should i check for? I knowi should check to see if the shiv is hung up, what else?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
primary springs have been known to break. remove cover and inspect or just replace primary spring.

did you just install the pods?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no i've had the pods for a coupl weeks 2 weeks ago i had no problem getting the tach to 8k while pinning it, and it had no problem reaching 105 on speedo... Now idk suggestions?

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
if the stock carbs vented to the air box. and now you have them venting to the air, wide open throttle they are running real rich,

do a full throttle burn for about 500' then check plugs, do that a couple times and see what the plugs look like,

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
madcow said:
if the stock carbs vented to the air box. and now you have them venting to the air, wide open throttle they are running real rich,

do a full throttle burn for about 500' then check plugs, do that a couple times and see what the plugs look like,
Thanks for the help mad cow! i never thught about that, its fixed but how come it just started doing that a few days ago? it seems to be running grt plugs are almost a light chocolate brown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts