Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting to look for a newer sled, I have myself set on XCSP 600s, I just wanted to know what, if any, major changes there were over the different years they made them. And if there are any quirks or things that need to be swapped out on them.
I would prefer an Edge but I'm just looking at XCSP 600s in general for now.

Thanks in advance
Mark

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The 2000 is the first year with the small block VES motor and still to this day people claim the fastest of the 600's due to the xtra10 and little changes in the motor from year to year. Yet any year of the VES 600's are good strong running motors. The edge suspensions is going to be more user friendly for more agressive riding or Pro-x 600. Good clutched and well tuned 600 VES motor will run with anything.

Had mine since it was in the box, have 7300 miles on it and this past summer had to replace the water pump gasket...first tear down and problems in 7k miles. Yes the VR goes on the poos dues to the fact they make them out of plastic but other then that very happy with the sled. Has never left me stranded at anytime.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
This thread has a lot of info on this topic, you will probably get all the info you need!

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/115671-looking-upgrade

·
Registered
449 Posts
XJ88Laredo said:
I'm starting to look for a newer sled, I have myself set on XCSP 600s, I just wanted to know what, if any, major changes there were over the different years they made them. And if there are any quirks or things that need to be swapped out on them.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Great choice... You will love the sled. I have an 01 700 and a 2000 600. And the 600 is still the strongest sled out of the gate. Every friend that I put on the old girl is absolutely amazed at the power that little red bugger puts out. The xtra 10 suspension is a little rough on the tail bone, but gives you one hell of a hole shot. From 01 and on, I believe that all of the xcsp's recieved an M10 suspension regardless of whether or not it has the graphics and the clicker shocks. THe 600 has been very reliable to me, never leaving me stranded, and is a bull on the drag strip.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Needmosnow said:
XJ88Laredo said:

Thanks in advance
Mark
Great choice... You will love the sled. I have an 01 700 and a 2000 600. And the 600 is still the strongest sled out of the gate. Every friend that I put on the old girl is absolutely amazed at the power that little red bugger puts out. The xtra 10 suspension is a little rough on the tail bone, but gives you one hell of a hole shot. From 01 and on, I believe that all of the xcsp's recieved an M10 suspension regardless of whether or not it has the graphics and the clicker shocks. THe 600 has been very reliable to me, never leaving me stranded, and is a bull on the drag strip.
Some had the M10 suspension, some had the Edge suspension. The M10 is more of a trail cruiser / mountain climbing suspension.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
The EDGE X came with either the M10 or the EDGE suspension with a FOX clicker shock. Otherwise the XCSPs had the EDGE rear with FOX position sensitive shock. And M10 is no mountain suspension... I wouldn't do anything but stay on trail like its made for.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Lots of mountain riders have swapped the M10 into their sleds. I am not a mountain rider so I don't know why, but it seems pretty popular to do. I am sure someone else can explain the logic behind it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes some guys set up M10 differently to make it work in the deep stuff... but I wouldn't consider it a suspension to be used in it.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
edgex600rider said:
The EDGE X came with either the M10 or the EDGE suspension with a FOX clicker shock. Otherwise the XCSPs had the EDGE rear with FOX position sensitive shock. And M10 is no mountain suspension... I wouldn't do anything but stay on trail like its made for.
Edge-X's dont come with a Fox clicker only, but it was an option for the Edge-X's.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Yes in 2001 the EDGE Xs only came with the position sensitive. But I believe after that they came with either M10 or EDGE with a clicker. I can't say I've ever seen an EDGE X 02 or after that had standard EDGE suspension with the PPS. Somebody correct me if im wrong... but otherwise what would have been the point of making a special spring order EDGE X besides the cool graphics and option of a larger lug track which I believe you could get even on the XCSPs?

XJ88Laredo, any way you look at it the Polaris Liberty 600 is a great motor that has proven itself. Especially the VES models. If you're going to get a sled though, spend the extra bit and go to the EDGE chassis, you will thank yourself later. I can't say I know of anybody that would talk bad about a EDGE 600 if they knew what they were talking about. Great sleds overall.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What exactly are the differences between the Edge chassis and the non edge sleds? Just the suspension setup?
I would prefer an Edge and it is what I am really looking for.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
All XCs and Edge X sleds from 01 and up are edge chassis sleds (there were some edge chassis in 2000 as well). The "Edge-X" is the same as the XC with different graphics, and some other options such as different rear skid shock, running board supports, etc.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
i ride my m-10 dragon in the mountains all the time. works great for when i bottom out on stumps and rock faces, it soaks em right up so u barely feel them. that 128" track just climbs like a wet dream

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
XJ88Laredo said:
What exactly are the differences between the Edge chassis and the non edge sleds? Just the suspension setup?
I would prefer an Edge and it is what I am really looking for.
The edge was a whole new chassis. Same concepts on most things but everything is different and better when compared to the gen II

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
edgex600rider said:
Yes in 2001 the EDGE Xs only came with the position sensitive. But I believe after that they came with either M10 or EDGE with a clicker. I can't say I've ever seen an EDGE X 02 or after that had standard EDGE suspension with the PPS. Somebody correct me if im wrong... but otherwise what would have been the point of making a special spring order EDGE X besides the cool graphics and option of a larger lug track which I believe you could get even on the XCSPs?

XJ88Laredo, any way you look at it the Polaris Liberty 600 is a great motor that has proven itself. Especially the VES models. If you're going to get a sled though, spend the extra bit and go to the EDGE chassis, you will thank yourself later. I can't say I know of anybody that would talk bad about a EDGE 600 if they knew what they were talking about. Great sleds overall.
there are more Edge-X's with Fox PPS shocks than Clicker shocks out there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts