Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I know a few of you have xlt's, and I dont think mine is the greatest. Can anyone tell me what setup is the best, Im looking for good low end power but still have a real good top end.

Also could someone tell me how to tell if any of th clutch components are worn out (like weights and stuff) just to help me get the jist of it.
Thanx

·
Registered
671 Posts
well i have the dark blue primary with 10-m wieghts. my weights have a notch ground in them to raise take off rpm. i cant rember of the top of my head whatits called, but i think its called a stall when they are ground in like that. and then in the seconday i have red spring put in the second hole. and it seems to pull my sled awesome with the pipes, right fromthe bootom up to the top. i pull off the line awesome and winds out way up there on top

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I've got a 97 XLT SP and I put an EPI white spring in the primary, and an EPI yellow spring in the secondary (everything else is stock). This really woke up the low end and mid range. It was a dog before. I plan on putting an EPI multi angle helix in this fall to complete the "kit". The sleds got great top end, so these mods made it a more well rounded ride.

·
Registered
777 Posts
mr noah
the hot seat set up for 97 xlt 34 m carbs is black pri 130 300
white sec 42 66
50-34 helix with 2 030 washers under the snap ring,which should give you about a 46or 44-34 helix
and the weights are a notched weight,Cant remember off the top of my head,but it was a little to agressive anyway.the stock weights work well with the kit anyway.
i have the kit still ,took it out since the kids ride it now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts