Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IN AN EARLYER POST I ASK ABOUT THE compression ON A 1997 XLT AND EVERYONE SAID 120-125lbs,I have 75-90lbs, and I CHECKED MY BOTHER'S 96XCR 600SP AND HIS READ ONLY 90LBS IN EACH CYL. AND HIS RUNS FINE.
WHAT SHOULD IT BE?

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 99 XLT's started over 140 new and then went to 120-125.. Dealer told me they will run as low as 70 but you start losing a considerable amount of power.. I would say if it is still running just keep going until you notice plugs begin fouling and lose of power.. Keep in mind your sled is on the edge of a rebuild below 110 psi and/or meltdown.. I think it is more important that your cylinders stay within 5 lbs of each other..

·
Registered
777 Posts
Did you try a different guage yet,if there running good,seems like a good place to start.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
You need to rebuild,15 pounds is too much in the difference.you might be able to get away with just a set of rings if your lucky.not a big deal.your brothers is fine because all three cilenders are the same.but he would find a big diference in power with new rings two.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Try a different gauge anything under 100 psi you should check cylinders and re-ring it. Question, does the pressure hold or does the needle on the gauge drop down.[:D]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts